This salad screams summer! I love, love, love it! It’s light, refreshing, sweet and salty.
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- 1/2 small watermelon, cut into cubes (about 2-3 cups worth)
- 1/2 large cucumber, chopped into 1 inch pieces (cut lengthwise, and then into thirds lengthwise and then widthwise)
- 1/4 red onion, chopped small
- 1/2 - 1 packet of feta cheese, rough chop or crumbled
- 2 handfuls of mint, rough chop
- *4 cups of pea shoots (about 1 bag) *optional
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 pinches of sea salt
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a large bowl combine the watermelon, cucumber, onion, feta and mint. Toss well to combine.
- Gently toss in pea shoots.
- Pour dressing over salad, right before serving, toss to coat. If you add the dressing to the
- salad hours before eating, the pea shoots will wilt.
- -If you can get really nice, heirloom or beef tomatoes, they are a nice addition. Just remove the seeds and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- This salad is perfect with barbecue chicken, salmon or any fish, prawns, or even steak.
Jennifer Moore http://jmoorehealth.com/