This recipe is so perfect for the summer! You can bring it to the beach or a BBQ and everyone will love it. The best part is they won’t even know it’s healthy. Leftovers pack up for great lunches the next day. Enjoy!
Raw Vegan Pesto + Courgette Pasta
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 2 medium courgette or 4 mini ones, 3 cups worth spiralised
- 2 cups spinach or rocket
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 sun dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- *optional: pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, mini mozzarella balls
- Make the pesto by placing all the ingredients in a blender and blending well until smooth. Set aside. Store leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- De-frost your peas by placing them in a bowl of hot water. Once soft, drain off water and set peas aside.
- Make your courgette noodles by either using a spiraliser or using a vegetable peeler and peeling off ribbons of courgette. Place in a bowl.
- Add 1⁄4 -1⁄2 cup of pesto to the courgette noodles and mix well to completely coat noodles. Add the tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and peas to the bowl of noodles.
- To serve, place the spinach or rocket on a plate and top with the courgette noodle mixture. Top with pine nuts, pumpkin seeds or mini mozzarella balls if you like.
- This recipe serves 2-3 people. If you want to make it for a large group, I like to allow 1/2-1 courgette per person when figuring out how much to make. 1/2 a courgette per person as a side dish, 1 per person as a main.
Jennifer Moore http://jmoorehealth.com/