I am obsessed with nut milk matcha lattes. I like that they are dairy free and don’t have the strong caffeine buzz that coffee gives you. There aren’t any coffee shops near where I live that make them, so I have to make mine at home and now you can too. Try making this with my homemade cashew nut milk recipe.
Dairy Free Cashew Nut Milk Matcha Latte
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder. I like the one by Clearspring brand.
- 1 cup of hot water, straight from the kettle
- 1/2 cup of homemade cashew nut milk. Try my recipe in the recipe index
- Sweetener of your choice. I don't add anything to mine, but you could add some honey, maple syrup, or brown rice syrup, maybe start with a teaspoon and adjust to your taste. Also, if you've already sweetened your cashew nut milk, you might not need any sweetener.
- In the blender place the matcha tea powder, hot water and cashew nut milk.
- Blend well for 20 seconds on high, so it gets nice and frothy.
- Pour in your favourite mug and enjoy!
Jennifer Moore http://jmoorehealth.com/