This banana bread is so darn good, you won’t miss the sugar, milk, butter or eggs. I swear. It’s easy to make too. Enjoy!
Dairy + Sugar Free Banana Bread
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup dates (pits removed)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1.5 cups spelt flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mash peeled bananas with a fork.
- In a blender, add the pitted dates and the water. Blend until smooth to create date paste. It's ok if there are still bits of date not completely blended.
- Add the date paste and coconut oil to the bowl with the banana. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together: spelt flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, adding the nuts last.
- Add the dry mixture to the banana bowl and mix well to combine. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan that is lightly greased with coconut oil if needed.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Check with a fork for doneness. You should be able to remove the fork with out wet batter when the loaf is finished.
- Try to allow it to cool before you cut into it.
By Jennifer Moore
Jennifer Moore http://jmoorehealth.com/