This pumpkin pie recipe is a make over of my mom’s traditional recipe and it’s just as good…okay fine, it’s better, but don’t tell her! The taste is just as delicious, minus the gluten and sugar-win!
Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie!
- 1.5 cups of almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- pinch salt
- 1 can pumpkin puree (I used Libby's brand)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or honey, maple syrup or maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or make your own-recipe at the bottom
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 free range, organic eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut, almond or non dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F.
- In a food processor, combine the almonds and salt. Blend to a fine crumb. Add the oil and maple and process to combine.
- Pour the almond mix into the pie dish and press evenly into the dish to form a crust. I recommend only pressing crust 3/4 of the way up the sides of the dish. You can use a knife to cut around the top to make it even. Don't forget to press the crust into the corners where the bottom meets the sides really well.
- Cover the edges of the crust with tin foil so that the crust doesn't burn during baking.
- To make the filling, combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes and then remove tin foil from the crust so that the crust can begin to brown. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool. I think this pie is even better after it's had a few hours or overnight in the fridge to set. Enjoy!
- How to make your own pumpkin pie spice: whisk together: 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ginger, 1/2 teaspoon all spice, 1/2 teaspoon cloves, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Use to spice porridge, smoothies, baked goods, nut milks etc. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year.
Jennifer Moore http://jmoorehealth.com/