Homemade Body Scrub
Summer is approaching and before we start showing more skin, let’s get rid of that dry winter skin first. My homemade, all natural body scrub is the perfect fix. It will exfoliate those dead skin cells and moisturise at the same time. To use: take a scoop with your hand and rub it all over and repeat until you get your whole body (it might be a bit rough to use on your face.) After you’ve given yourself a good scrub, just rinse off and towel dry, leaving the oil on to moisturise your skin… you won’t even need lotion afterwards you’ll be so silky smooth!
- 3/4 cup fine sea salt
- 3/4 granulated cane sugar or any sugar you have at home- great way to use it up
- 1 cup of oil. Try using olive oil, cold pressed sesame, almond or jojoba or a blend.
- 10-20 drops of your fav essential oil, I like using lemon or lavender or a mix of the two
- 1 glass jar about 350ml- grab something from the recycling or a small mason jar
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together
- Then add 10-20 drops of oil depending on how strong you want your scrub to smell. Mix together with a spoon or your hands if you want to exfoliate them at the same time!
- Add scrub to a jar. This will fill a 350ml jar. Add more oil if you need it - you don't want the mixture to be dry, a nice thin layer of oil should form on the top when you put it in the jar.
- Store in the bath and use at the end of your shower for a great scrub that will also leave you moisturised!
- - Double or triple your recipe so you have extra for friends or for your use later on.
- - Try other essential oils, maybe peppermint or orange or whatever you love.
- - I use jamming jars for my scrub, but I have also saved glass jars and recycled them as scrub jars, you can always use a spoon to scoop it out in the shower
- - If you can't find granulated sugar or you find it too rough, use regular sugar and sea salt or try regular sugar and coarse sea salt.
- - Get the kids involved, they can make it, stir it and make cute labels for the jars